Thursday, June 9, 2011

Back With a Vengeance

Someone informed me today...very rudely I may add...that I have NOT posted since June 1.  I guess this certain person assumes that teachers actually receive a holiday when the kids do as well.....hmmmm....NOPE!  This "vacationing" teacher has been so busy it would make your head spin.  Scrubbing baseboards.  Rearranging furniture.  Removing a year's worth of dust.  Hanging pictures.  Playing referee to a four year old and 12 year old.  Laundry.  Sweeping.  Mopping.  Drinking cerveza....yes, I do occasionally during the summer during the day because it is so hot....not going to lie.  Plus, Ricky said today to Jameson, "Now, I know why your mom is drinking by the time I get home."  HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  I'm not a good housewife.  I do not like staying home and cleaning...never have.  I feel as though housework is montonous and never ending!  I would much rather be out and about doing.....well, anything else.  BUT I do love a clean house, so I will suffer through it.  I love the smell of Pledge, bleach, and fresh sheets.  My mom's house always smells like a fresh spring day, and I strive for mine to at least smell....fresh. 

So, my life has revolved around making my house back into a home, but I do take frequent breaks.  I am the master of my own domain, and I love it!  No bells.  No lesson plans.  No grading!!!!!  But, I will start missing it about the time I return from England and will be refreshed for another school year.  As for now, I will be my own boss and drink in every part of life.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment