Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Oops

4:30 am?  Really?  I have no earthly idea why my brain decided it was time to get up so dang early in the morning!!  BUT I decided to make the best of it...made some coffee, checked my email, played some "words with friends," and facebooked a bit.  I finally decided to pull on my clothes and head to work.  There was such a breathtaking sunrise this morning with hints of lavendar, orange, and yellow.  As I was soaking in the brushstrokes of God, something happened....

For the record let me say that I never thought I would like driving a car....I love big vehicles - trucks, suburbans, hummers - but I am really enjoying my car.  I forgot how fun it was to drive a five speed.  I probably should have been a race car driver due to my driving skills (or lack thereof according to my friend, Lisa).  The adrenalin rush from zipping around corners, passing the turtle cars, shifting gears with intensity...LOVE IT!  My little car will actually hit 120 mph....I had to personally test its efficiency in case of an emergency....hello! 

Now, with that being said, I must tell you this is a sad day....my zoom zoom car will be in the hospital for awhile.  A fawn and a skunk lost their lives today in a head on collision with my fender.  Actually, the fender was nearly ripped off the front of my little speed demon.  My heart went out to the baby deer, but the skunk can rot for all I care.  Whitey stinks now...ugh! 

My husband is the best guy I know.  I called him, and he said to drive it back home....I guess he didn't really care that my fender was dragging the ground like a lifeless body.  When I returned home, my knight in shining armor was already up and ready to access the damage (an hour or so before he usually wakes).  Yep, my little speed demon was hurt alright....poor thing.  BUT Ricky will be my saving grace and have her looking good as new in no time.  My Renaissance Man!

But we had another problem.  My joy riding teenager, Brooklyn Janai Allen, ran nearly all of the gas out of my car this weekend, SO my sweet hubby used his emergency gas (remember we live in May...10 miles from the nearest station) to save me.

Although my morning was a train wreck, I still have a smile on my face, for I know it is going to be a wonderful day!!!!  Carpe diem, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment