Wednesday, February 1, 2012

TAKS - Draws a Hard Vaccuum!

For the past few weeks, I have been digging in my heels, gritting my teeth, and clenching my jaw in fruitless efforts to produce excellent writers in my sophomore class.  Or have they been fruitless?  There are a few diamonds in the rough, but all they need is a little spit and maybe some elbow grease to make their writing illuminate from the paper.  I have to give credit to 95% of them for at least trying to write a personal narrative essay on some generic topic the state produces.  It is about as much fun as having food poisoning or watching grass grow.

Today is the scrimmage for the ELA TAKS test.  I want to believe with all my heart that my kiddos will do well because I believe through all the blood, sweat, tears, and laughter, my hard-knocks way of coaching will pay off!!!  I know these tests are boring and suck, but they are essential in order to see where our focus needs to be before D-Day....March 7. 

No matter what...I will be proud of them for completing the marathon test without passing out!!!

Carpe Diem,
Brandi

 



No comments:

Post a Comment