Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Skyler Diaz and Unconditional Love

I met Skyler Diaz when he came into my class as a freshman.  That kid was loaded with energy and surprises.  I can honestly say that since he graduated last year, I miss him....tremendously.  His unique laughter used to fill the hallways and would always bring a smile to my face.  The kid (now a young college man) seriously made me laugh every day!


This morning I noticed that I had a tag from Skyler on Facebook, and my heart melted and made me want to cry.
"Kids you are in high school what the he'll do u know about love? Did y'all not listen in Brandi Tyson Enriquez class when she taught Shakespeare. Now that is love to die for someone to put someone before yourself. That ia love. So until y'all can do this I could care less. And the only real unconditional love now days is from a mother!"
 I have seen that kid mature into a very intelligent young man where life is concerned.  He made me think about the subject of love and how important it is in our lives.
What is unconditional love?  It is the type of love where you love someone no matter their faults or mistakes.  Everyone screws up in life, but it is the people who love them unconditionally that give them the hope to keep moving, living, and dreaming..  There are numerous people in this world who have never been loved in such a way, so I feel extremely blessed to have quite a few people in my life that love me through my failures. Only God knows the number of mistakes I have made....and I really hope he lost count!  
 True, unconditional love can be a scary concept, but it should never scare us enough to stop loving.  If you think about it, most of our hearts are very fragile....whether we care to admit to it or not.  Believe it or not, mine is very sensitive....I hate to admit it to everyone, but I have a soft, kind heart and sometimes it gets me into trouble.  Minerva/Clairee/Mere likes to remind me that I wear my heart on my sleeve, and I hate to admit it, but she is right...and it SUCKS!  I can be a real superb*tch, but underneath the tough exterior lies sensitivity.  UGH!
Of course, I love my family unconditionally, but I can also tell you that I love my two soul sisters unconditionally as well.  God puts people in our lives for certain reasons, and he wants us to love.  Remember what it says in the Bible:
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.  
1 Corinthians 13:13
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails  1 Corinthians 4-8


So, do me a favor....give someone a hug and tell them you love them today.  Hugs release the good endorphins and telling them that you love them is the icing on cake!


CARPE DIEM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment