Monday, September 12, 2011

Opening Pandora's Box

PANDORA RADIO!!!  I am in love with Pandora Radio....I said I would never get married again, but Pandora is pretty irresistible.  If you don't have it as an ap on your smart phone (if you have a dumb phone, you are screwed), then do so now or go to www.pandora.com.  F-R-E-E music on demand....what is your listening pleasure?  Johnny Cash?  Ludacris?  Kenny Rogers?  Metallica?  Type in the name, song, or genre, and you are hooked!  Pandora actually plays the type of music YOU want to hear...

Now, who IS Pandora?  Did the creators throw random names in a hat and draw?  I have no idea....maybe I will email them and ask.  Anywho, I am going to assume (since this is a free country) that Pandora is a reference to mythology.  According to Edith Hamilton's Mythology, Pandora was the name given to a woman who was extremely beautiful and lavished with gifts.  Her name actually meant "the gift of all." 

All of you love music, and you can't deny it.  It toys with our emotions on a daily basis, and we love it for that.  It possesses the power to make us dance, sing, cry, punch a wall (woah....maybe that is just me), or feel an absolute peace.  I am musically challenged, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the beauty of lyrics, harmony, and rhythm....

So, check it out, download the ap to your phone, and save it as a favorite on your computer....it may just change your outlook on your day, week, month, or year!  And would you all do me a favor?  Venture out in your music selections.  Toni finally convinced me to listen to some country music, and I have to admit there are some good songs....the music may suck sometimes, but the lyrics can be extremely powerful.  You may be missing out on a great opportunity in life by being conservative.....CARPE DIEM!


No comments:

Post a Comment