Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pandora's Secret Revealed

Curiosity got the best of me, so I emailed Pandora Radio about why they chose their name.  Jesse was ready, willing, and eager to answer my question....not only answer it, but answer it with a passionate voice.  Here is the reply I received:

The name Pandora means "all gifted" in Greek. In ancient Greek mythology, Pandora received many gifts from the Gods, including the gift of music, from Apollo. She was also, as we all know, insatiably curious.

Unlike those Gods of old, however, we celebrate that virtue and have made it our mission to reward the musically curious among us with a never-ending experience of music discovery.

It's also important to note that at the bottom of Pandora's box was Hope...
Isn't that awesome? I can honestly say that I will be a Pandora fan for life with that kind of depth for a name.  I can finally admit that I am truly, madly, and deeply in love with Pandora Radio!!!  The two words that stuck out to me the most in his reply were "insatiably" and "hope."  I have always loved the word hope.  No one can live without hope and music has saved numerous people....only God knows how many.  Now, the other word, "insatiable"....it means "impossible to satisfy."  I have felt that way many times in my life....due to my addictive personality, and I love the word.  A friend of mine uses it a lot for different reasons, and it has become one of my favorite words.  So, seeing Jesse use it by saying "insatiably curious," well, I LOVE IT!!!!!
CARPE DIEM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment