Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bobby Jack

Thousands of heavy hearts awoke to a cloudy morning.  I usually love these days, but today I am finding it extremely hard to smile.  A light was extinguished yesterday, and no one will ever be able to replace Bobby Jack Hunt.  Sadness and depression could be my constant companions right now, but I know without a shadow of a doubt that if Bobby was sitting right here beside me, he would be cracking jokes....and probably talk about farting!

"I am ready to meet my Maker.  Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter." - Winston Churchill 

Is this a quote for Bobby or what?  I can only imagine what he said to God when he made it to the gates of Heaven.  Probably went something like this:

Bobby:  "Knock, knock"
God:  "Who's there?"
Bobby:  "Bobby."
God:  "Bobby who?"
Bobby:  "Bobby Jack Hunt."
God:  "Bobby Jack Hunt who?"

I truly believe God has a sense of humor, and I am sure He and  Bobby are laughing so hard about, well, everything while Joy sits there shaking her head and saying, "BOBBY JACK!" 

I am going to miss Bobby with every ounce of my being.  After Bundy's funeral, he lightened the mood significantly!  I think most of us were still in such shock and pain, and Bobby, being Bobby, had us all laughing so hard that we were just about peeing our pants!!!  No one else in this world could do that....just Bobby.

I love you, Bobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment