Friday, May 20, 2011

Just Can't Do It

I have started this blog numerous times today, and I just can't do it.  I can't write.  My mind hurts because my heart is in pain.  My childhood buddy...no, my brother, will be buried tomorrow.  The sorrow hangs on me like a weighted cloak....my shoulders slump, my muscles ache, my head pounds.

And if I feel this way, what about Shellye, Laura, and Loretta?  What about their children?  How many lives did Bobby Jack Hunt, Jr. actually touch?  Thousands?  Tens of thousands?  Hundreds of thousands?

Depression will not allow me to attend the funeral.  It will twist my mind and body and render me lifeless.  Closure does not come for me at funerals, for the memories live on forever.  I will honor Bobby in my own way and keep his memory alive through stories and laughter.  As long as I am alive, Bobby Jack Hunt, Jr. will never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment