Monday, May 16, 2011

The Importance of Pronunciation

Jameson.  I love my son SO much, and I really believe he is going to provide a tremendous amount of material for my writing (well, he and Reese).

Yesterday I was sitting in the bathroom watching Reese take a bath and "make me some coffee" with her bath water.  Jameson was in the process of collecting all the trash in the house (his contribution to the chore load).  As he was bringing in the bathroom trash can, he said, "Mom, do you have anymore tampons?"  No, surely my 12 YEAR OLD SON did NOT just ask me for tampons..."Jameson, what did you just say?"  "Do you have some tampons?"  I still thought my years of blaring music into my ears deceived me, so I asked him to repeat it a THIRD time.  Again, "Uh, I was wondering if you have tampons?"  So, I finally asked him, "Jameson, why do you need tampons?"  He said, "I want to give them to Reese to play with." 

I will give you a few minutes to let that one sink in....thoroughly....

I had to ask him what he thought a tampon was because I was just sitting there looking dumbfounded at his request!  He replied, "You know so she can use them to cheer."  OOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!  I tried so hard not to laugh, but I just couldn't help it!  He wanted POM-POMS!!! 

I briefly fiddled with the idea of explaining the difference, but Jameson would need a whole day for the information....8 pm at night was not the right time to explain all of THAT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment