Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Break the Monotony

About eight years ago I was diagnosed with an addictive personality.  Although I could dwell on the negative side, I prefer to ponder the positive side of this "disease."

Adventure is my biggest addiction.  I was never one for the rat race of life....never wanted to go with the flow....not my style.  I truly believe that God did not intend for human beings to just exist in this world....He wants us to live life and experience all that He has set forth for us. 

Have you ever been to Italy?  Words do not give justice to its beauty nor the scrumptious food that teases the pallate with every bite.  And the churches?  I was born and raised Baptist, but when I stepped into the most gorgeous Catholic church in Milan, it took my breath away....literally.  I felt His presence of peace like no other...God's omnipotent power wraps around you like a familiar blanket.  And I felt the same feeling in almost every church we visited....I had never experienced that before in any church.

Venice was a maze of "water streets," and it portrayed a unique life like no other.  Florence.  Ah, Florence cannot escape any artist's eye due to the elegance and charm seeping from its core.  Verona.  Verona will always remain my favorite due to Romeo and Juliet.  It is a smaller town with a huge history, and it just blushes with love and adoration.  Verona can be described as an elegant woman who does not realize the beauty she possesses....humble beauty is the most powerful of all.

So many adventures await us all....the world is not contained within the United States.  And, yes, Italy and Paris were absolutely astounding but spending nine weeks in Haiti humbled me for eternity.  Adventure doesn't have to be about spending tons of money.  Adventure is supposed to be about educating yourself about the world and in the process finding out new things about yourself.

Grab a backpack.  Book your ticket.  And get the heck out of dodge.  If you want some advice on how to travel cheaply, email me.  It doesn't take an arm and a leg to bring some life into your existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment