Thursday, May 19, 2011

A New Look on Pigs

(A disclaimer for my son's use of vernacular in this post....I SURELY did not teach him to speak in this manner.)

My husband should have been a teacher.....very patient and knowledgeable in every aspect of life. He absolutely adores teaching my kids (and everyone else who wants to learn), and THAT is one of the things I adore about him........99% of the time.

Now let's discuss the other 1%.  And, yes, it involves Jameson.

A few weeks ago, Jameson and Connor were riding with Papa Ricky in his car while I was riding with the girls (and my new 16 year old chauffer, Brooklyn).  We were "sharing" the five blessings of our life with Hubba and Gramsy while we spent a little quality time on our anniversary.  Little did I know that Papa Ricky would pick this time to educate my boys on pigs.  It went a little something like this:

The boys and Papa Ricky were discussing hog hunting. 

Papa Ricky:  "Yes, when I was younger, my dad would get a pig.  We would cut off his balls and fatten him up."

Connor was busting a gut laughing while Jameson had a perplexed look on his face. 

Jameson:  "So, Papa Ricky, all the fat people don't have balls?"

Oh, now both Papa Ricky and Connor were about to cry from laughing so hard.  Papa Ricky had to explain the whole concept to Jameson, and I think the light bulb eventually did come on....however dim it might have been.

Papa Ricky went on to explain that what was said in the car was "boy talk" and did not need to be discussed with anyone else....especially their three sisters and Gramsy!!!


Jameson Blaise Pierre Allen:  My Muse

No comments:

Post a Comment