Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Unique Redheads

Started thinking about the power of redheads today...you know, since I AM one.  Less than FOUR percent of the world's population has red hair!!!  4%!!!!  The blondes and brunettes are a dime a dozen, but the redheads are the rarest of jewels!  I knew we were unique, but check out some of these facts:

1.  We will never get gray hair...YES!!!!!
2.  Red hair is a genetic mutation...meaning it was a beautiful "oops."
3.  Most redheads live in Ireland, England, and Australia...hence the reason I need to move!
4.  It takes 20% more drugs to sedate us for surgery...that was proven during my "surgery" after Reese.
5.  In the early 30's, 40's, and 50's there was a WOMEN'S basketball team called the redheads...for obvious reasons! 
6.  Eve had red hair!!!
7.  Redheads used to be seen as witches, but we now know the "w" in that word has been replaced with a "b."
8.  Hitler banned the marriage of two redheads because he thought they would produce "deviant offspring!"  What a freaking hypocrite!!!
9.  In France, being a redhead puts you on a pedestal.
10.  We happen to get stung by bees more often....that is why I always try to show love to the bees...
11.  If I believed in Greek mythology, I would become a vampire when I die.

Crazy stuff, right?  More facts exist, but I try to keep this blog as family friendly as possible, so you guys will have to do your own research to learn more about the power of redheads.

No comments:

Post a Comment